2017 ARC Scholarship Recipients
The Anchorage Running Club is pleased to announce the following running scholars as recipients of the 2017 scholarships:
- Magaret Pickett West Anchorage High School
- Ashlyn Johnson East Anchorage High School
- Joseph Aist Service High School
- Joaquin Monterrosa West Anchorage High School
- Complete applications, including letters, pages from portfolio, and essays must be received at the Running Club's Post Office Box (Anchorage Running Club, Attn: Scholarship Committee, PO Box 243362, Anchorage, AK 99524-3362), or scanned and emailed to email@example.com no later than 4:00 PM on April 28, 2017. ARC will inform applicants by email when complete application has been received.
- If application is emailed as an attachment, all pages must be scanned into one PDF document, labeled with the applicants name.
- All information will be corroborated with school counselor.
- Award recipients will be invited to participate in the Running Club’s Runfest Awards Ceremony that will be held on the third Sunday in August.
- The total number of pages including the application must be no more than 10.
Minimum Criteria for Scholarship
- At least two years documented involvement with running during high school.
- The high school must be within the Municipality of Anchorage. Applications from students attending private or charter schools will be accepted.
- The student must be a graduating senior.
- The student must plan to attend a College or University located in the United States.
- The student must be enrolled at a college or university and attending classes not later than March 31, 2018.
- The scholarship must be used not later than December 31, 2018.
- Completed application, essay, and letters of recommendation (Note: essays become the property of ARC and may be used for club and/or newspaper publications).
Considerations During the Selection Process
- Enthusiasm for and involvement with running
- Community involvement and service
- Academic ability
- Financial need
- Healthy lifestyle
- Ability to surmount obstacles in order to achieve goals