The Anchorage Running Club Annual meeting will be held on Wednesday March 21. Here are the specifics:
- Date: March 21, 2018
- Time: 6:00 PM
- Location: Pangea Restaurant, 508 W. 6th Avenue
An election will be held at the meeting to fill board of director vacancies. There are four board openings that will be filled at this year's meeting. Three are for full three year term positions and one is for a one year position that was created when a board member resigned.
You must be a club member to attend the meeting. Membership renewal/registration will be available at the meeting for runners who are not able to register on line prior to the meeting.
The following club members have submitted their names and bios for the board of director vacancies
Club members who would like to serve on the board are encouraged to submit their name for consideration. Submission can be made via email to: info@anchorage running club.org or US Mail at the following address: Anchorage Running Club, PO Box 243362, Anchorage, AK 99524-3362 attn:Dawn. Please provide a short bio with your submission.
Soft drinks and refreshments will be provided.
Please attend this annual meeting. We need your input concerning the future and direction of the club.
Spring Clinic Series
The running club will be holding a series of spring clinics for running club members. The eight event series will be held on Thursday evenings beginning April 12 and continuing through May 31. Three of the events will be held in partnership with the Special Olympics. Here is the list of this year's clinics:
- Meet Your Feet with Margo Sorum: April 12, 6pm Russian Jack Chalet
- Beginning Running Techniques with Dr. Mason McCloskey DC, CSCS: April 19, 6pm Special Olympics Facility, 3200 Mountain View Drive
- Dynamic Stretching with Michael Wahlig PT, DPT, OCS, COMT: April 26, 6pm Kincaid Bunker
- Yoga for Runners with Margo Sorum: May 3, 6pm Russian Jack Chalet
- Dynamic Stretching with Barbara Lemmel, PT, DPT, SCS: May 10, 6pm Special Olympics Facility, 3200 Mountain View Drive
- Biomechanics with Dr. Mason McCloskey DC,CSCS: May 17, 6pm Kincaid Bunker
- Galloway Run Walk Method with Tammy Morton: May 24, 6pm Special Olympics Facility, 3200 Mountain View Drive
- Trail Running with Matias Saari:May 31, 6pm Hilltop Nordic Trailhead
RunFest Marathon Makes Runner's World 2018 Bucket List
Runner's World has selected the Anchorage Running Club's 2018 RunFest marathon as one of this year's 10 marathons that belong on your bucket list. The article has been posted to the magazine's web site. Be sure to check it out. Congratulations goes out to race director Sharron Fisherman and her team of tireless committee members and volunteers for making RunFest Anchorage's premier running event year after year. Visit the RunFest web page for more information and link to the registration web site.
2018 membership renewal for the running club is now open. Club members receive discounted registration fees for theTrent Waldron, Anchorage RunFest, Oktoberfest, and Zombie races. Discount codes for all the races will be included in your membership confirmation e-mail . Visit the membership web page for more information and link to the membership registration web site.
Sleeping Lady Challenge
The Sleeping Lady Challenge is back. Run at least three Anchorage Running Club qualifying events and receive the Sleeping Lady Challenge medal to commemorate your accomplishment.More Info